Monday, June 28, 2004

A very insightful website...

Spoons

"But You Don't Look Sick?"

I can relate to this article. I don't have to ration my 'spoons' the way I used to, but I still have to be careful so as not to deplete my reserves.

But considering a few years ago I could barely get out of bed, I am doing stellar now.

Edited to add: I should specify that I don't personally have lupus. What I have is hypothyroidism. I never got an official "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" or fibromyalgia diagnosis- even though I had all the symptoms- more often, I got idiot doctors telling me I was hypochondriac. I really appreciated that, considering I felt like the walking dead.

But it turned out I was hypothyroid. Thank God for Dr. Ilagan, who diagnosed me. I wish it had come earlier- most of my twenties were prostrated to overwhelming fatigue- but at least it came at 29, not 39 or 49.

I'm sure I'll post more on that subject later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leetie said...

Wow, Blogchik... I don't have Lupus, but I can certainly understand the spoon thing too... I went through "spoons" about a year ago with some other health problems that seemed to be piling up. That is a great article.

June 30, 2004 10:42 AM  
Blogger Hira Animfefte said...

I should have specified (note to self: edit post)- I don't have lupus either. I'm hypothyroid, and have suffered from chronic fatigue.

Ya 'spoon ration' just the same, though.

June 30, 2004 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home